Hart County Schools
511 West Union Street
Munfordville, KY 42765
(270) 524-2631 – Office
(270) 524-2634 – Fax
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Hart County School district is committed to serving over 2,300 students, pre-K through grade 12. Our district includes five elementary schools and one high school. We offer a variety of innovative programs to address the academic and interpersonal development of all students. As a result, our district was recognized in 2006 by the Kentucky School Board Association as being among the top 20% progressing districts as dedicated to Creating the Future Together, One Student at a Time.
Services provided to our students include direct instruction by a 100% highly-qualified staff as required by NCLB, including five National Board Certified teachers. Specific programs include:
- Technology tools to support teaching and learning (including interactive whiteboards and student response systems in every regular education classroom by the fall of 2008);
- Instructional software to challenge students at their individual level of learning;
- Intervention programs for both reading and math instruction to ensure success of all primary students, thereby increasing success at the middle and high school levels;
- Extensive athletic opportunities, including 12 varsity sports at the high school level, nationally-competitive cheerleading, and award-winning band;
- Extended library services to provide parent and community access to enhanced media centers;
- Vast variety of extracurricular activities at the elementary, middle grade, and high school level; and
- Updated school facilities, including 4 renovated buildings and one new school within the last 6 years.